Strategy & growth
Many of the key moments in the lifecycle of a business – such as making an acquisition, targeting growth, managing change or refinancing – require experienced and tailored support to develop strategies which lay the foundations for future success.
WilliamsAli is a long-term, reliable and trusted partner to its clients. We thrive on joining them on whatever journey they are on and supporting every step of the way. We are always on hand to provide a financial, strategic and commercial perspective and to help maintain a focus on the big picture.
By building a detailed and intimate understanding of your business and your objectives, we ensure that you can focus on running your business while we take the lead on key transformation events, such as securing investment, refinancing, de risking or panning for exit.
Our desire to commit early to long term relationships has led many of clients to retain our services in an ongoing strategic financial capacity to help prepare for the transactions to come, for example, in a board advisory role.
This can give us the opportunity to focus on a number of highly valuable development and planning areas in advance of securing the end objective sometime in the future, including:
- Ensuring financial and KPI reporting processes are fit for purpose.
- Putting in place suitable budgeting and forecasting tools.
- Creating structure and definition around the business strategy, for example in the form of a development plan.
- Coaching and grooming the management team for the rigours of a transaction process.
- Comparing and benchmarking the business against competitors and market-leaders.
- Assisting and supporting investor relations with existing stakeholders.
- Making introductions to key people and experts to build insight and relationships in key areas, for example, private equity investors, corporate lawyers, successful entrepreneurs, wealth management advisers, etc.
The importance of having a plan
All businesses and their shareholders will place value growth at the center of their objectives. Identifying the building blocks of value growth, how and when they will be delivered and establishing the key metrics by which they can be measured are all key components of a strategic plan.
Taking the time to formalise, structure and document that plan helps in a number of ways:
- Creates a set of targets and KPIs to forecast and report against to measure progress;
- Sets out measurable achievement milestones to demonstrate the effectiveness of the management team in delivering the strategy;
- Identifies any gaps in leadership or resources that need to be filled to make the plan happen;
- Quantifies and compares different growth opportunities, allowing them to be prioritised and resources to be focused;
- Provides a touchstone for the whole leadership team to refer to when key decisions are made; and
- Generates momentum throughout the business towards a shared set of goals and objectives.
Please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your future objectives and how WilliamsAli can help you to deliver your plan.